From: das24rules@xxxxxxxxx
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 12:19:54 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] towing capacities

o, also, meant to state, the hitch on the 4door parts car. it has 1 bolt that
goes thru the trunk floor. 1 bolt that rises off the hitch to meet the cross
member that runs just ahead of the bumper and the valance pannel, and 1 bolt
that bolts to the bumper. only thing i dont like about that hitch is that i
will have to weld on some D links on each side for safety chains. i dont know
how strong my car is in that area. it dont seem to have a bunch of rust in
that area, but on the ends of that crossmember where it goes onto those frame
rails dont look so good. either way, i need to reinforce the frame rails. if
someone would like, i can get pics of the hitch on the 4door. was that a
factory option, or some generic hitch??

dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules