Re: [AMC-list] I Need To Know If I Am Going Blind, Senile Or Just Loosi

Re: [AMC-list] I Need To Know If I Am Going Blind, Senile Or Just Loosing My Mind

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 08:33, Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I work for NAPA (who also sponsors a Toyota ) and you may want to check to
> see who owns Coke now. IIRC it was bought by a Chinese company about 5 years
> ago (very quietly)

Not surprising. Very few of those megacorps are "purely" one nationality or
another -- most of them are transnational, what was sometimes a post for
sales etc became a huge center for leveraging money, tax dodging, etc.

Things like Coca Cola, the giant drug and food companies (ADM), and hidden
stuff like manufacturers of intermediate chemicals (vitamins and precursors,
etc) are essenttially business-states, that negotiate with countries.

Coca Cola's red white and blue crap is pure, 100%, manufactured image,
nothing but marketing.

Take a look a a much smaller drink business, "Sobe". They're everywhere. And
they DO NOT EXIST. Sobe does only marketing and determine the formula and
the label; they get local bottlers (Los Angeles, Chicago, etc) to actually
make it and ship it to AM-PMs, supermarkets and gas stations. It's a mostly
virtualized business. There's lots of things like that. TV just makes it
look like a business from 1950, because that's what Americans think they
like to buy.

> Jim Blair, Lynnwood, WA '87 Comanche, '83 Jeep J10, '84 Jeep J10
>
> From: Jock J JocewJ Jocewicz <namdra@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [AMC-list] I Need To Know If I Am Going Blind,     Senile Or
>        Just Loosing My Mind
> To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I believe the Toyota was a hybrid, which is a first for a pace car. But I
> sure wish NASCAR racing was with American owned manufactures cars.
>
> On Mon, 25 May 2009 20:11:25 GMT "Mr. AMC" <amc74hornet@xxxxxxxxx>
> writes:
> > Just now while watching the Now called Coke 600 (Previous the World
> > 600) in it's Monday rain delay I am positive I saw a Troyjota
> > Cameray as the pace car twice. If so I am deeply insulted as an
> > American Viet Nam era war veteran. Coke is an American icon and I am
> > sorry if I am not politically correct but even though made here
> > Troygota's are not an American CAR!!! You would think NASCAR would
> > show case a Mustang, Dodge Challenger or a Camaro as car from the
> > last 3 surviving American car builders as a pace car before they are
> > all lost on a holiday that American Veterans and heir lost brethren
> > are honored. You can flame me ban me but as an American this is my 2
> > cents. I will E-Mail NASCAR with my displeasure and Dave Disphain's
> > show too. Sorry if I offended anybody. Opinions welcome. What's it
> > going to be a "Fix It Again Tony" (Fiat) as next years whatever pace
> > car? By the way I turned the race off.
> > "Doc"

> Hotmail® goes with you.
>
> http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/Mobile?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_Mobile1_052009