Re: [AMC-list] 71 Gremlin shakes at 60 mph

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 11:15, Ted Dooling <tdooling@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Could anyone tell me what other car make or model has a matching bolt
> pattern for a 71 Gremlin. The easiest thing for me to do to eliminate the
> wheels as the culprit for my Gremlin shaking is to borrow a set of
> tires/rims from another car and take it out for a drive.

All AMCs ever, many fords. 5 x 4.5" pattern.

That said there are three other factors for fit:

* center hole size and drum/hub facing shape (probably not a factor in
mid-60's up)
* wheel offset (drum/hub position distance to centerline of tire/rim)
* of course, overall size.

--
All of your arguments are invalid.
Enjoy your unstable system.