[AMC-list] unleaded fuel

My experience has been the same as Tom's, and I'm sure others. Whereas you may have to have a valve job at say 100,000 miles on a well kept car with leaded gas, you may go only 80-85,000 with the new unleaded fuel with normal driving. Drag racing and heavy towing will wear the valves a little faster. So unless you constantly tow with or race the car, no worries!!

-------------
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 08:55:23 +0200
From: "gerrie" <brenlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

We have unleaded and lead replacement fuel in South Africa, I am using the lead
replacement in the Rambler, but that is going to dissapear in a year or two.
Question is, can I use unleaded or will I have to do some mods,
Our unleaded fuel is 93 octane and we live in central SA 5000ft above sea level.
Mine is a 232 six in a 1969 Rogue.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"