Re: [AMC-list] Javelin overflows

" From: Keith Evenson <epd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I posted awhile back about my 70 Jav with a '73 360 I am having
" trouble with the overflow tank overflowing. I can drive all day just
" fine if I don't get on it or pass anyone or more or less baby it. But
" if I take it out and do a hard start or tromp on it it will overflow
" right away. I put different heads on it a year ago and it ran fine
" most I the summer then one day it started doing it. The heads I put on
" it are the "319" heads so I don't know If there are any issues with
" the heads not matching up with the newer block or what. If that was
" the case it should have done it from the start not after I drove it
" for the summer. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

my guess is you're not getting full cooling from your radiator; it's
starting to plug up.  why it started suddenly is more of a puzzle -
perhaps something dislodged from inside the heads and stuck in the
radiator?

another thought - maybe the impeller on your water pump has come loose
from the shaft and is not pumping effectively.