From: "Clifton Danley" <am401@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 8:59:40 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [AMC-list] Brake Issue 1980 Spirit

I have a 1980 Spirit, 258 auto, Model 15 rear. For several years now I have
had a problem where the right rear brake won't release. This usually occurs
after being parked for a while. When brakes are first applied there is a
"clunk" from the right rear, and that's when it occurs. It does not lock -
the car is still driveable, and often releases gradually while driving. I
have replaced everything on both rear sides many times, which seems to fix
it for a short time. The parking brake seems to work fine, and the car stops
normally with no pulling, chatter, or pulsating.

Any ideas?

Cliff Danley
Jacksonville, FL