Re: [AMC-list] [Amc-list] Bottle Shock--AMC Content Involved

Re: [AMC-list] [Amc-list] Bottle Shock--AMC Content Involved

Yes, I agree that the movie was not true to the actual facts and I did
hear about that other movie.  I think maybe they rushed Bottleshocked
so that it would come out first.  I'm reading George Taber's book
right now; so far it is very good and I recommend it to anyone
interested in the wine business or just likes to read historical
books.  Lots of introductory information about the various wine
regions of France and I'm sure as the book progresses I'll be reading
more about Sonoma and Napa wines.  I live, by the way, in Sonoma
County, not far from where the movie was filmed.

	I couldn't stand the fact that the Gremlin didn't look as new as it
should have for the period, that is, 1975.  It looked like, well, a
30+ year old car!  But I guess the normal viewing public wouldn't
really pay much attention to that fact, right?  But the fact that
there was not one but TWO AMCs in this movie means a lot!

	Ross
 On Mon 05/11/09 8:28 AM , "Glen Hoag" hoag@xxxxxx sent:
  Ross,
 I did see you in the barn scene and I saw your friend heading to the

 trunk of his car. I enjoyed the movie, but did a little research and

 found that Hollywood took plenty of liberty with the facts, but the
 essential story comes through. There's another production of the
 same story that purports to be closer to the actual history in the
 works and due out next year. It's based on the book "Judgment of
 Paris" by George Taber, who was the Time reporter at the tasting.
 It was great that the Gremlin was treated just as a car of the
 period, and not an object of ridicule, as often happens with AMCs in

 movies these days.
 --Glen
 At 08:32 AM 5/11/2009, you wrote:
 >Thanks, Glen, for bringing this up again. Look for me about halfway
thru
 >the movie, in a 4-minute scene that takes place in a barn where the
locals
 >decide to send the owner's kid to Paris for the wine tasting event.
I'm in
 >a red plaid shirt and cowboy hat standing next to Bill Pullman, one
of the
 >main stars of the movie. The owner of the AMX is a friend of mine,
and
 >you'll see him getting into the trunk of his car. I am in that
scene too
 >but you won't find me because I'm being blocked by the other star,
Freddie
 >Rodriguez, who was standing in front of me during the shooting of
the scene
 >in front of the hotel. The movie gets off to a slow start but does
pick up.
 >Not a stellar movie but not a bad one either. Watch it just for the
AMCs if
 >nothing else.
 >
 >Ross Guistino
 >Rohnert Park, CA
 >NorCal AMCs
 >'73 Gremlin 304 aka Vivo
 >'75 Gremlin X aka Greta

Involved

 >Dredging up an old post here. The trailer for this movie appears on
the DVD
 >of Slumdog Millionaire. I watched Bottle Shock last night. The
Gremlin is
 >nice, but they gave it a squeaking sound whenever it is shown in
motion. It
 >does get a flat tire, which is just a plot device for Alan
Rickman's
 >character to meet the owner of one of the wineries. There is a nice
view of
 >the AMX in front of the hotel where Rickman stayed at about 32
minutes in.
 >The Gremlin is also in that shot. Glimpses of the AMX can be seen
in
 >subsequent scenes in front of the hotel.
 >
 >For anyone who has Netflix, the movie can be streamed to your
computer.

 >--Glen
 >
 >At 12:25 PM 8/15/2008, "Ross Guistino"  wrote:
 > >A new movie is out about the wine industry called Bottle Shock.
There
 > >is a pretty sweet yellow '74 Gremlin in it which has a prominent
spot
 > >during the movie, driven by one of the stars--Alan Rickman. The
poor
 > >Gremlin gets a kick in the tire by said star but that's the price
you pay
 >for
 > >being a star I guess. And oh, by the way, I was an extra in two
 > >different scenes. I was originally called to have my Gremlin in
the
 > >movie and then they decided not to use mine but kept me on as one
of the
 >winery
 > >owners. Truth be told, I look like one of the farm hands in a red
plaid
 > >shirt and a cowboy hat, but I'm not complaining.
 > >
 > >A fellow NorCal AMC Club member was also an extra and had his AMX
with
 > >him too. I'm not sure if he made the film or ended up on the
cutting
 > >room floor.
 > >
 > >You can see the trailer here:
 > >
 > >http://www.bottleshockthemovie.com/ [3]
 > >
 > >If a trailer opens automatically, close it. A better one is
located by
 > >clicking on the "trailer" bottle in the upper right of the page.

Links:
------
[3]
https://webmail.sonic.net/atmail/parse.php?redirect=http://www.bottleshockthemovie.com/