Re: [AMC-list] My Luck Ran Out (Wrambler)

Re: [AMC-list] My Luck Ran Out (Wrambler)

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 10:38, Mike Kindle <mike90066@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's really cool that you get to hear about where your wayward children
wandered off to!

I think it's usually better to move a project to a new owner rather than let
> it sit.  It grows the hobby and I'm more likely to improve the one I have if
> I'm not overwhelmed.

Yeah, I think you are right. I still have Joe Smith's '61 American here, in
same running shape, and my Hornet. No danger on either of them going
anywhere bad, but they should move on to someone who would love them.

The 1970 Hornet, I just can't ever do anything about making it go away. I
spent a crapload of cash and effort on that chassis that few even care
about. It's immaculate bottom up. I spent $15K on that car over 4 years. I
was hoping to get $5K for it but seeing how that '73 at the auction went for
$3.5K I assume I'll have to settle for that or less.

The American, if it lingers here long enough, would turn into some project
though (but if I had another early American I'd want a wagon), but neither
car fits any plan I have. My hardtop is gonna get the new 195.6, and I
really want to build a car around that Navarro motor. If it would only fit
in an early American... But it would fit fine in a Classic. (It would fit in
the Hornet just fine, but that car is DONE, and it wouldn't be appropriate
for that car.)

Now if someone would take the American -- and not! for parts! -- and buy my
Hornet I'd take Joe's Classic in a second!

--
All of your arguments are invalid.
Enjoy your unstable system.