Re: [AMC-list] mileage (LONG!)

Last summer my '82 Spirit (4.2L, 998 lockup, Model 15/D35 with as yet unknown ratio and stock tires) averaged 18-22 mpg (had a lot of stalling fits though due to the excessive quantity of rust in the tank continually clogging the filters till I changed the tank a couple weeks back) Since Jan 8, we have had a MINIMUM 10% alcohol in all our fuel and my mileage dropped to 15 mpg of late (although bad weather may be partially to blame)
   Sometime over the next couple weeks I will be putting in the '80 Eagle rear axle (so I will be driving downhill most of the time instead of uphill like I do now) and swapping in an AW4 auto. I'll probably redial in the carb as well (need to adjust the float level as alcohol's specific gravity effectively "raises" the float level) until I can get time to do the EFI swap.
   My flexplate is about to kick the bucket (the motor ran on 5 cyls before I got it and fixed the issues, but it kept stopping in the same spot so it got chewed up) and I'm tired of the 6 week starter swap (although it takes me less than 15 minutes now) so the AW4 swap is being put on the front burner.
   First I need to get at least one of my Comanches back on the road (the '86 has the replacement drivetrain nearly finished and the upgrades to the '88 are nearly completed) Next step is sell one (or both) of the MJs after I sell the '81 Chev C20 with 454. Maybe I'll get the '83 J10 longbox back together to sell by June (4.2L, 727, NP208. Originally a T5 truck)
   Then I'm hoping to get close to 20 mpg with my '77 J10 shortbox (getting a Chev stepside box along with my 304/AW4/NP208 combo and J20 axles with 5.13 gears and 33" tires and 5th wheel hitch)

   Somewhere in all this stuff, I have to scrap my 5 ton IH Loadstar (345 is going into BMax's '68 Travelall along with the 5 speed, Brownie box and a Dana 70 rear) Part out a '66 Travelall and sell the '79 Postal Jeep (same 2.0L as Gremlin with a 904 auto and wrong side steering ex-ice cream truck)

I know I'm missing a whole lot of stuff, but MAN do I need more energy and time to get this stuff done AND do my 40 per week job!

This is just the automotive stuff I need done by Sept. I also have to side my mobile home, put in a well and change 9 windows to thermopanes!