[AMC-list] Was: The big tow of shame Is: Gotta pay attention to snugging

[AMC-list] Was: The big tow of shame Is: Gotta pay attention to snugging the wires under the rotor

I took a closer look at the Pertronix Ignitor. Checked the gap between
the magnet and the module. Then looked a little closer at the wires to
the module. When I checked it out earlier, I noticed one of the leads
had "jumped" over the rotor. I hadn't snugged it properly, left too
much slack in - and it caught on the rotor. I looked closer - and it
appears that one of the leads is just hanging by a thread on the
module. Looks like I hacked it.

Ordered a replacement. They come with a 30 month warrantee, but I
figure that was obviously user error. Ordered an epoxy-filled
flamethrower to go with it for good luck - but now have a spare MSD.
I'll keep it in case we ever get started on my kid's Sebring 5000.

I might order a new distributor cap as I filed one heck of a slot in
mine. Might have contributed to the too much slack situation. Dang
user error.