Re: [AMC-list] The big tow of shame

Well, after pulling the plugs, cleaning them and cranking - my oldest
son and I decided it couldn't be getting spark. It was getting air. It
was getting fuel. It was cranking and cranking - and nothing. We
reseated all the cables one by one, and it wouldn't start. I pulled
the front plug, put it against a bolt on the chassis and had my son
crank it. Didn't see a spark.

We'll be checking the wires to the coil and from the coil to the
distributor. I might have pulled something loose while checking it out
at the conference center. Right now we'll leave it for the night -
then in the morning start tracing cables and wires.

Distributor cap is fairly new. Spark plug cables are fairly new. Spark
plugs are pretty new. Pertronix worked fine getting there.Coil is
pretty new as well, as is the battery.

So - it was running rich. Now it won't start at all - but I think I
can figure that out. Thanks everyone for the encouragement.