Re: [AMC-list] So, just what does a fuel baffle do, anyway?

Re: [AMC-list] So, just what does a fuel baffle do, anyway?

I dunno... sloshing in turns, bumps, braking, and yes, accelleration. It's
just a little bowl of liquid, and sloshing won't help.

I wouldn't hesitate to drive it, but I'd find the replacement part ASAP. All
you need is a junk carb, since it's a part that won't wear out really.

It's amazing that carbs work as well as they do!

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 07:22, Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Thanks for the info. I'll give Galvin's and Blaser's a call. I did
> look at fuel baffles and found an entry on a motorcycle forum stating
> the baffle keeps fuel level (ish) during rapid acceleration, heavy
> breaking and high speed cornering. I just kind of laughed thinking of
> my 195.6OHV and T96. Those are things I won't be doing any time soon!
>
> The car ran fine on level roads at steady speeds, but I can certainly
> understand why I'd need it if I were to hit the North Georgia
> mountains.
>
> Thanks for the info.

All of your arguments are invalid.
Enjoy your unstable system.