[AMC-list] Baby you can drive my car (down Dallas Highway)

[AMC-list] Baby you can drive my car (down Dallas Highway)

Yay! The Rambler is rambling again! My oldest son and I got it started
over the weekend, and I drove it around the neighborhood. Decided to
take it to the gas station and get some good gas this morning. It did
just fine on a 6 to 8 mile round trip with speeds between 30 and 50.

I need to adjust the valves (kind of noisy), and do a bunch of little
stuff. But it ran fine. I'll have one of my kids follow behind me and
look for smoke - I didn't notice a lot, but we'll check. If I can fix
some of the fiddly bits before this weekend, I'll use it to drive to a
local car show (won't show it, would like to drive it).

I was very happy to drive it. Checked for coolants leaks - looked dry!
Checked for oil leaks - not terribly drippy and the oil pressure light
goes out immediately. Checked for gas leaks - that looked dry, too!
Lights light, horn honks, brakes brake. Still (STILL) need to fix the
fuel gauge (and the temp now as well - probably messed up the temp
sending unit). Need to get the dashboard lights working. But we're
back down to fiddly bits.