Re: [AMC-list] AMC STR-11 Torque Setting

Re: [AMC-list] AMC STR-11 Torque Setting

John,

I don't know what the torque specs would be.
However, I have two  possible solutions for you to determine what the spec
would be.

1. Determine who the manufacturer really is. If it's an AMC part number, the
manifold was probably made by Edelbrock.
    contact the manufacturer for advice on the spec. Most of the
manufacturers have helplines or help email contacts.

2. Determine what diameter fastener is being used, what the screw pitch is,
probably a coarse thread, contact a machinist who
    is knowledgeable. He should be able to help you determine a safe torque
spec for the aluminum casting given the size of the bolt     and the screw
pitch (number of threads per inch)

hope this helps,

Armand