[AMC-list] eagle dies at stop

Hi I am no expert but when mine died at every stop or idle my local dealer said it was a vacume leak, They replaced all the vacume hoses, no good. They rebuilt the carb, no good. They checked the intake manifold with either and yep that was it. The intake manifold was warped and leaked. That was it. They said the most common cause was something called the stepper motor valve, it is on the back of the carberator.  Good luck.