Re: [AMC-list] AMC GUYS BEWARE / FRAUD

Go to usps.com and look around for mail fraud, or contact your local post master. If the fake check is sent in the mail to you it's still considered mail fraud. USPS can even trace back a P.O. box. ---------- Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 19:17:34 -0600 From: Victor the Cleaner <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxx> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 08:01:46PM -0500, Steven F. Brueggeman wrote:

>> I was selling a guy a 77 Gremlin fan shroud. I wanted $40 for the part. He >> tried to send me a fradulent check for $1200.00 asking that I cash it and >> send him the difference!! Yeah, right. Anyway the guy said his name was >> Scott Smith so beware if you are dealing with this person.

Dumbest con ever.  How could anyone imagine it's on the level when they're
claiming to do something as stunned as overpay by $1160 on a $40 part?

> Let him send the check FIRST then contact the US Postal Service and nail > him for mail fraud.

Yeahbut... The cheque is a fake, and they want you to send back the "excess" via Western Union, so it's untraceable. There's nothing by
which these guys can be tracked down.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts