From: "tom jennings" <tomj@xxxxxxx>
To: "Rambler AMC, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2009 12:59:19 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] glass run channel

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 06:41, Wrambler <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Nope
> If you find someone who does pass along the info.
> Near as I can tell it is a do it yourself type project requiring you to
> form a straight piece into a curved piece.
> I want to attempt this at some point, but have been unable to do it at this
> time.
>
> I suspect that once you identify which channel to use, you may be able to
> form the curve by inserting a piece of plywood or plastic tightly into the
> channel to keep it open while forming the curve to match the glass.

I made my own curved channel for my 63 classic more than a decade ago. I
forget dimensions, but I got it from JC Whitney (they do sell the channel,
or did, and it was good quality).

But I did NOT use mark's suggestion to insert something in the channel. Of
course as I bent it the channel would close, and I had to keep opening it. I
don't know why I didn't think to insert wood or aluminum in there.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it again but with 3/8" or whatever aluminum tapped
in there. I used a pair of blocks and a rubber hammer and tapped and fit to
the glass until it was acceptable.