From: "Bruce Griffis" <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 5, 2009 4:46:21 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [Amc-list] Getting the Rambler bug! (and a side note on my son)

Cleaned up the deck and popped the head back on the Rambler. Torqued it
down to 40 pounds, then torqued it to 58. Popped the intake plate on.
Used my bar torque wrench instead of the dial one - and broke a bolt
torqueing it to 20 pounds! I'm guessing I didn't read that one right! No
harm, no foul - enough was sticking out so it backed out no problems.

Getting an itch to get the Rambler running again! Spent some time today
cleaning off the access plates - I used "The Right Stuff" last time -
and boy! That is some seriously good stuff! But I got some nice, new
cork gaskets and figured I'd use those.

The pile of parts 'n stuff in front of my '66 Apache popup is dwindling
down. I hope to get the Rambler rambling and the camper camping soon!

As a side note, keep my youngest son in your thoughts. He's my hiking,
camping, fishing, beach-wandering, ghost-crab chasing, sea-urchin
messing with, tandem-bike riding partner. The back of his leg was
hurting him, and he had an odd gate while walking. It made me think of
Scoliosis (I had that, and had the hurt leg when it was really pressure
on nerves. I had back surgery when I was 15). Found out he has
Spondylosethises - or something like that. The orthopedist said he
needed spinal fusion and rods in his spine. Six hours of surgery, five
to six days in the hospital and a couple months of taking it easy. I'm
praying he will be okay, the surgery will be fine - and that this
economic mess doesn't hit me yet - I need to hold on to a job and
insurance as long as I can! As soon as he is back in good enough shape -
we're taking him for R&R at the beach. (surgery will probably be end of May)