[Amc-list] Aftermarket Dash Pad Mods

Armand, the only reason I brought up trimming the pad is due to your statement that it only takes a little pull to open the glove box door.  Would it work to take a piece of paper between the dash pad and door when you open it.  The paper would have a mark where the contact is being made and would show how "hard" the parts are contacting each other.  This would show where the trimming would be required also.

Dan Whitehead

-.-

Armand - what I would do is to take a square of 1/2" Plywood -
go to Lowe's and buy an Electric Heat Gun with the Nozzle Attachments -
use the one with the wide narrow orifice.

Take your time warming up that area above the Glove Box Door -
don't melt anything - then gently press the Pad upward with the
Plywood & hold until Pad cools .

Let it go - check the fit & finish.

If it works - send me Twenty Bucks !

If it don't - I'll owe you a few Beers.. ;']

milnersXcoupe
1981 series50