From: "Wrambler" <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 4:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] 1970 Javelin/AMX crash pad

> I was wondering if it would be safer to grind the edge of the glovebox
door till it cleared, weld the edge, clean it up and repaint the door.

> I have no idea of how much would need removed, but seems to me that may be
safer than trying to cut, grind or reshape that pad.
> Everytime I have tried to work on a pad I have ended up with a messed up
pad!  Any body guy could rework that edge pretty easiliy. Be about the same
as gapping panels such as doors for fitment.

> Mark Price
> Morgantown, WV 26508
> 1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
> 2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4.7L, Quadratrac II
> "I realize that death is inevitable.
> I just don't want to be around when it happens!"

encounter.  If it were me, because the pad are molded solid all the way
through, I would mark where the glove box door is contacting the pad and
with a dremel try to remove as little material as possible to make it work.
Because it will be on the underside and toward the dash you shouldn't notice
it.  But that is where I would start.  It should hurt the dash pad since it
is solid and not an overlay.

> Dan Whitehead
> >So, no one has contacted me about the crash pad.
> >Does anybody have any good ideas??
> >thanks,
>
> >Armand

8:40 AM