Re: [Amc-list] Beefng up the 232

The only thing you really SHOULD do is a mod to the bolt that oils the rocker shaft (http://www.mattsoldcars.com/RestoreAmerican/boltmod.shtml). Other than that you're good to go! The 232 doesn't really NEED anything else. If you found a 2V carb and intake that would be nice, but could be added later. Easier to get to the manifold bolts with the engine out. Speaking of which, make sure all the manifold bolts are tight. The very ends especially tend to work loose over time.

----------
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 12:56:10 -0700
From: "Thomas Garner" <Tgarner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey guys,
 I just got a really good deal on a 232 and a transmission. Both came out of a 65 Rambler. The engine has less than 40,000 miles on it and the transmission was just rebuilt. The owner said he had the transmission rebuilt with heavy duty parts to put it behind a V-8.

 Well, I figure that since the engine in my 64 Classic has around 80 plus miles and the transmission was slipping a little last summer, I swap them out.
 BUT, before I do that, I have an engine (With transmission attached) sitting in my truck, begging me to beef it up where I can, SOO what do you guys recommend??

 What can I do and what SHOULD I do before putting both in?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"