From: Jesse <j2sax@xxxxxxxxx>

Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 12:47:35
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] Ram'd by the Ram

Two classic, golden oldie tests that few shops seem to remember since the advent of Scan tools are the pin out and voltage drop tests.  Probably becuase they are time-consuming and tedious, but when it comes to electronic buggabo's a pin out test is a great way to tell if the proper voltages and grounds are running to the ECM.  It's cheap to do also.... as long as you are not paying by the hour!

No time for details but find yout TSM or go the library and get a Motor Manual that details a "pin" test or "pin out".  Make SURE your voltmeter is set to the proper range and test your ground pin first.

Voltage drop detailed many places on the net, but a great diagnostic test.

As a factory rep for the Automotive largest Electronics Re-mnfctrr I absolutely agree that you need to find what caused teh ORIGINAL failure because tehse ECM's rarely fail on their own.  Whateve killed the first one will likely kill all subsequent ECM's you try.

GOod Luck, I know this crud is frustrating.

Jesse