Re: [AMC-list] MOTOR WENT BYE BYE!!!!

i have cleaned everything i can get to. the thin bearing pieces were at the
back of the oil pan. the oil pump screen was clean. pulled it off anyway and
cleaned. oil pump is clean inside of it also. nothing made it into the head.
blew out all the oil passages with my blow tip on the air compressor. i
should tear the entire engine apart and do an entire rebuild. parts wont be
here till next wed, so i may pull it out and do it RIGHT. this motor isnt
going to be in there much longer, so i dont want to put a lot of money into
it. when i checked the bearings, i only did one at a time, and made sure caps
were on correctly. i didnt use any solvent to clean anything. just wiped them
clean, put on some assembly lube and put them back together. didnt pull the
bearing out of the rod end. just popped the cap off, looked at the bearing,
measured crank, and reassembled. maybe that assembly lube i used didnt like
the coating on the bearing. thats the only thing i could think of. dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules