Re: [AMC-list] rebel machine headers questions

Several stated on the list that Javelin and AMX headers will work. I don't have any direct experience, but if there are headers listed for the 70 Rebel or 71 Matador, I'd order those. The bodies are basically the same, especially under the hood (67-78 Rebel/Matador except the special body Matador Coupe - Ambo has a longer wheelbase but headers should be the same). Just to throw another curve to you, the Edelbrock "shorty" headers will fit the Machine. They were designed to replace AMC "free flow" iron exhaust manifolds, which I believe were on the Machine from the factory. Edelbrock may have them listed for full size Jeeps, but they fit all but the small cars without mods. They can be squeezed into the Gremlin/Hornet, but it takes some work.
----------
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:55:19 -0500
From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Fred called me this morning and is asking a few questions about headers, including usual questions like fit....but also about a interchange using ones available for AMX as opposed to actual Rebel ones, I believe those available for Rebel are Super Comp only. If anyone here would like to help him out as his car is nearing completion, please feel free to give him a email and thanks in advance to all who might reply. Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com

----- Original Message ----- From: fred wilson fbwilson@xxxxxxxxxxx
eddie,
i have picked up a few things from you in the past for my machine. i had a question about headers. i was told for hooker headers order the ones for an amx. i also found a set of doug's headers which are supposed to be better but not sure if i should order for amx or the ones for ambassador, rambler, matador? do you know what would work?
--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts