Re: [AMC-list] Gremlin Floor replacement...

Floors are routinely replaced in the old car hobby, even in unit bodies -- lots of Mustangs and Camaros, as well as others. If the replacement floors are competently welded in structural integrity will be as strong or stronger than the factory floors. Factory spot welded, replacements are usually welded in with a continuous weld, or at least bead strings that are longer than the factory spots. In other words, more welded area, which usually equals greater strength. One of the things a lot of racers do when they strip the interior out of a car is weld up all the seams for added rigidity.
------------
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:18:27 -0400
From: Richard Estermyer <javelinman74@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm pretty sure about this but...  My Canadian Gremlin friend raises the question about structural integrity of replacing floor pans and even rocker panels.  I believe it is "good as new" right?  She is wondering about safety inspections and such after replacement of parts, IF they would even look under there.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts