Re: [AMC-list] Hot Rod

A few months or a year back, HOT ROD was looking better to me, with all
sorts of odd stuff, but then they bowed to the narrowest definition possible
again and I'm bored with it, and unlikely to renew.

Though this month there is a trio of AMCs, two Gremlins and a Spirit, on the
cover (secondary story, so small cover photos, but, hey) and only a minimal
amount of apologizing.

But after readers threatened another religious pogrom with that guy who
stuffed a super hot (1000hp) import motor into some muscle car, you'd think
HOT ROD had pitchforked babies wrapped in burning American flags into a
truck or something. Sheesh.

I'm sick and tired of the same sort of projects year in year out. BFD, it's
all been done before.

I WISH! there was a magazine that encompassed the sorts of "hot rodding",
custom, restify, and semi-resto stuff that *I* like and I know that a lot of
us do. Not just drag strip stuff, though that's great, but mixed
street/performance/antique daily driver, how-to fab and wire and port stuff
that are not found in Summit or Jegs.

There's something in here that is the seed for a big-ass crystal to grow
around:

http://www.concoursdlemons.com/
http://www.jalopnik.com
etc

You just have to see and meet this crowd to get it. DEEP DEEP car nuts, they
like CARS, good, excellent and turkeys for the lulz (and occasional parts
sources). A very smart take on the good and the bad, and honest, genuine
wrenching, repairs and just plain DRIVING OLD CARS!

We're not racing in 24 Hours of LeMons this year. Grad school killed my
schedule, and today is the deadline for the $1000 signup fee. Two of our
4-person team are out of work/under-employed, I just finished grad school
and am working 50% because of it, so no $$$. Too bad.

93 Escort LX with a full cage, race tires and the best cooling system
possible. It drives. Come git it. Looks like crap and runs ... pretty good.
Slow, but we outlasted 2/3rds of the field of 100!

We'll pass the car on free to someone who could race it (all it needs is a
turbo and it would be reasonably competitive). Its' gotta leave my yard so I
can COLLECT MORE RAMBLER KRAP.

--
All of your arguments are invalid.
Enjoy your unstable system.