Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 27, Issue 47 . NC auction- rear sup

Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 27, Issue 47 . NC auction- rear support lifts

I thought I'd like to go to the auctions so I am flying down on wed and then visiting a niece at college?and some Boston friends that moved down there, and a former colleague. got the plane reservation, and the rental car. ?now just need to find a hotel. Hope its warmer weather than Boston. I understand from a friend in Pa that there is also a parts vendors there? or part swap?? Id love to buy a car but?I am out of storage space. really want to see what that blue 74 javelin goes for, hoping for 6 figures.
are you going, Ken and Jim? and others.???

Up here in Boston, Auto zone has the support lifts for the hornets/concords/eagle wagons in stock, 18.99 if I recall. Just put a set on the 80 pacer wagon and 85 eagle wagon, so much nicer, so much easier to get the hatch up now. yeaaaa.

Maybe enough guys from the List will be in NC and we can say hi. too bad we don't have some kind of lapel pin to ID us all. or maybe a stray grease stain or something. Feel free to email me if you are going.
Regards, Ken/boston.

Attached Message

Ken Ames <ameskg@xxxxxxxxx>

AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans. <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Re: [Amc-list] NC AMC Auction

Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:56:46 -0600

....and some others say that being AMC and poor economies might mean some deals
too.

Ken

Quoting jim williams <sportsix63@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Anyone going?
> Some say that they expect almost all the cars to be in the 5 figure range.
>
> Jim Williams  Lewisburg, West Virginia

Attached Message

Jerry Casper <gremlingts@xxxxxxxxx>

amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

[Amc-list] Hornet wagon gets new hatch struts - Strong-Arm 4408's

Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:23:54 -0700 (PDT)

 I thought it would be harder to find replacements, but Advance Auto actually
had these in STOCK. They didn't have the ball stud kit, but they had ordered the
wrong struts for me ( I think actually for a Hornet Hatchback car), and the ball
studs came with that. So I was able to install the new gas-charged lift struts
with the studs from the wrong hatch struts, and they worked great on my '76
Sportabout.  So if you're looking for replacements , the brand Strong-Arm has
them, #4408, for wagons, and they have the super-long struts for the Hatchback
car as well. Not sure if you can buy the ball stud kit separate, the people
working there didn't seem to know. I guess I just got lucky? Anyway, I now have
a jaw-breaker instead of a neck-breaker. LOL. Don't need that spare spare tire
anymore to prop up the hatch.

Jerry in Virginia
Gremlin GT