Re: [Amc-list] Wiring help to change from Pertronix to Duraspark distrib

Re: [Amc-list] Wiring help to change from Pertronix to Duraspark distributor requested....

Jerry,

I've said it before if your car has the stock ignition you have the Prestolite ignition, not the Pertronix. Pertronix is an aftermarket system which replaces the points and condenser in a Delco points type distributor. I assume you mean Prestolite.  The Prestolite system is set up similar to the Ford Duraspark, but I don't have a diagram for the Duraspark so I can't give you any more information.  I advise you to get the TSM for the 76 model you have now and also get access to a wiring diagram for an 80s Durspark system.  It should be fairly easy to splice in the new system.  I think they both have a Hall-effect distributor which triggers the spark signal to the module and the coil operates on a full 12 volts.

Joe Fulton