From: Nicholas McIntosh <n.m@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] FS: 1988 AMC Eagle Wagon
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 12:18 PM

As a few of you may remember, I used to be on this list many years
ago.  But kids kept me from working on cars like I once had.  Now I
am preparing for a move out of state, and cannot take my Eagle.  So
it is for sale.

1988 AMC Eagle Wagon
dark blue
118435 miles
Shift on the Fly FULL TIME 4WD,AT, AC (not working), AM-FM-Cas, P-
Mirrors,Tilt-Wheel,Skid-Plates.

This Eagle has Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) installed.  It starts
up the 1st turn of the key every time and runs and drives well.  The
original Carted BBD carb on these cars is nothing but trouble, so it
was replaced with EFI.  The EFI even comes with a check engine light
and code reader to help diagnose any problems should they arise.  It
also has a GM HEI ignition with computer controlled timing, and a
custom chip burned with the Eagles timing curves.   If you're at all
scared by the all the computer stuff, don't worry.  The EFI system is
very common on Jeeps in the Off Road community, and since Jeeps use
the very same AMC 258 I-6 engine, you'll have no trouble finding
people that know how to work on them.  And the fuel Injection system
is the GM TBI system, that any mechanic will know his way around.
Also, the EFI system is 50 state legal, and currently available for
aftermarket purchase by Howell (<a href="http://howellefi.com/
customer/product.php?productid=16280&amp;cat=280&amp;page=1">http://

howellefi.com/customer/product.php?productid=16280&cat=280&page=1</
a>) for $1200.  The Trans was rebulit around 90k, New poly suspension
bushings were also installed around that time.  It has 4 new dunlop
radial rover tires.  The brakes are in good shape, but may need
bled.  It has a brand new battery.  I'm not sure if it's the
alternator or the belt-tension-wheel, but one of those is making a
loud noise when the engine is running.  The interior is as expected
for a 21 year old vehicle... a few stains in the carpet, a few tears
in the driver's seat, but otherwise in good condition.  Likewise with
the paint, a few surface rust spots, but otherwise in good condition
for a 21 year old car.  Other than that this car is ready to go.  A
couple minor fixes and it's ready to drive anywhere.  And I mean
anywhere, the Eagle tears up mud and snow and has never left me
stranded, even when other people were to afraid to brave the snow.

here's some pictures...

www.nicholasmcintosh.com/eagle</a>