[Amc-list] ] Late engine/trans into earlier body

From: Jock J JocewJ Jocewicz <namdra@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] Late engine/trans into earlier body
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Frank said:

"This isn't a hot-rodder forum, it's one devoted to AMC cars."

Frank if this is an AMC list then I sure you should realize that some
AMC'ers are also hot rodders and also
 hot rod their AMC's!

You should change the name of the list if it isn't
for all of us AMC'ers!!!

--

Well Stated Jock.

Nothing like a FORD 9" in your rear end to dispel Purist Myths ...

I've never seen anyone Posting Here for Original Radiator Hose Labels or
paying $25.00 a pair for OEM.VIN pop rivets - we're just too
Liberal - products of our "If it Feels Good - Do iT" Rambler Mentality
Generation.

We do tend to stay somewhat OEM on Interiors - they're arguably
one of the more Flamboyant in the Industry's History.

As to this controversy for or against stuffing a long nose 258 into an Early
AMC shell:

You cut the Firewall and slide the engine back into the Crew Cabin - thus
maintaining a better weight balance & preserving handling.

Then craft up an Insulated Hood - like they did in designing Vans - and carpet
it over incorporating a Four Place Cup Holder, Goose Neck Map Light and Arm Rests.

milnersXcoupe
1981 series50