From: ksiroonian@xxxxxxx
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2009 3:29:25 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 27, Issue 39-  AMC 2.5 4cyl

FYI- the AMC 2.5 4CYL was available in some?late 83's on the? eagle and sx4 models, and in the 84's with 4 or 5 speed?manual or auto in the small sx-4, and? manual 4 or 5 speeds in the full size- but the small eagle was discontinued ( thanks?prob?due to?Renault)???prior to 84 model production, according to my sales bulletin letter to the dealers? in July 8, 1983,?" to?enable you to focus your efforts on the Eagle product line exclusively". But all the 4 cyl info and specs are listed in my product book for 84. The 85 eagle only had the 6. Some early production of Premiers had the 4cyl as well, till they realized it was too underpowered. Plus? MOPAR had to buy enough of the engines from Renault to meet their contracts anyway.? Not sure exactly?when in 88 they did drop the 4 cyl from the AMC, uh Renault, Uh Eagle Premier.
Regards,
Ken/Boston.

?

Attached Message

Glen Hoag <hoag@xxxxxx>

AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans. <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Re: [Amc-list] Late engine/trans into earlier body

Sun, 22 Mar 2009 09:58:41 -0500

I'm surprised that there was only a brief mention of the AMC 2.5L four. Sure, it only made it into Jeeps (and the mythical four cylinder Eagle Premier) plus the base Dodge Dakota 1996-2002, but it's a GEN-U-WINE AMC engine and should fit at least as well as some of the other suggestions.?
?
--Glen?
?