[Amc-list] "Virtual Engine Dyno Pro" from VirtualEngine2000.com

[Amc-list] "Virtual Engine Dyno Pro" from VirtualEngine2000.com

Don't bother. It was on sale for $40 instead of $90.

I already had SportsCompact DynoSim (these names are all so terrible!)
and really wanted to compare two of these virtual-engine programs to
see how they view the same engine. Of course being the jerk that I am,
and not of course selecting a Chevy 350, I have to enter all the
numbers for my motor-of-the-moment, the 195.6 OHV. You may not care
about this motor, but it's a good dyno program test -- if it will deal
with this motor, it'll deal with any!

SCDynoSim works great. The 195.6 wasn't in the list (duh) but the AMC
engines are. When I got all the crap entered, the curves, tables and
such all jived with the TSM and our collective experience (it claims
125hp at 4000, etc).

Did the same with virtual engine dyno pro. Right off, problems. OK
there's no AMC engines of any kind in the list, but that's not such a
big deal, it just saves entering numbers. But though it claims you can
enter "any engine data" its crap. No stock manifolds, headers only. No
1bbl carb. lousy cam editor. I got it pretty close anyways (my "2
barrel" 250CFM , "square bore four hole" carb), but it calcs 169 hp at
5750 rpm, 169 ft/lb at 4700. It ignored the low and high RPM range I'd
entered (700 - 5000). The "dyno plot" runs from 3250 - 8000 rpm. NO
DATA shown below 3250 rpm. Totally worthless.

When I later tried to edit piston data the program crashed. Worst $40
I ever spent.

SCDynoSim seems to track reality a lot better. I've entered the AMC
sixes and it seems to match reality. It's a lot more tweakable too.