From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 3:09:25 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] aluminum 196

>      "Mark wrote"
> I wonder, instead of fighting a battle to find a replacement gasket. What
would a copper head gasket do in this situation?
> It would be sandwiched between aluminium, iron and steel liner?  Any
thoughts?

Three different metals all tightly bolted together, would there be a chance
for galvanic corrosion or dissimilar metals corrosion?
Gee it almost sounds like it could become a battery????? I know, that won't
happen.

Come to think of it........
How is that problem dealt with on current engines, aluminum head on a cast
iron block, or for that matter aluminum radiator with
cast iron engine, is something sort of sacrificial on these designs?

Armand