Re: [Amc-list] carb id

A quick Google search of D1FF-TA indicates that this is a Holley 4150
specification (list) R-6361A or R-6361AAA carburetor and was used on
Ford 460 engines for Marine applications.  It is common Ford practice
to drop the "basic part number" (9150) when referring to parts where
the basic part number is obvious from the part's appearance, as a
carburetor or a cylinder head.

D1 indicates a 1971 design, "F" in the third position indicates
foreign/Trans-Am racing (and apparently also marine, but the Ford
decoders on the web don't note this).  According to the Tomco marine
carburetor kit catalog, most Ford carburetors used in marine
applications used either F or J (industrial) in the car line position.

Holley carburetors built for AMC would not have Ford part
numbers.  AMC did use Ford-built Motorcraft carburetors in some applications.

--Glen