Re: [Amc-list] Pacer Windshield question and Di-Noc

Re: [Amc-list] Pacer Windshield question and Di-Noc

Jay,
3M has recently re-introduced Di-Noc film to the US market as an
architectural finish after several years of success of this
application in Asia.  Their US distributor, Interior Design Solutions
(IDS), also recognizes its use in classic autos, as Di-Noc was
originally created 1923 and has been used for over 50 years as an
automotive finish.  IDS sells the material, which is 4' wide, in
increments of 5 feet, with a minimum order of 10 feet.

You can order free sample swatches (5x8") from their web site at
<http://www.dinocfilm.com>.  I ordered some samples, but haven't yet
gotten a quote for the material for my car.  WG-254 looks like it
might be pretty close to the original, but the swatches are only 5"
along the grain, so it's difficult to match the original grain from
the samples.

If I can figure out which pattern AMC used, I would consider ordering
up a full roll and slitting it to 16" wide, which would be ideal for
the Pacer, and probably most AMC applications.  16" wide rolls would
be much easier to ship, as well.

--Glen