[Amc-list] 1970 Hornet for sale

I'll do a real ad later, but for the list...

My 70 Hornet is now officially for sale. For listers, $4500. I'll ask
more later.

two doors, white & grey-blue, 1983 258ci with Weber, Duraspark TFI
ignition, 3-row radiator, PS, PB, ('79 discs), A/C not quite finished
(have all hoses and new compressor). 904 torqueflite, B&M Sport
Shifter. AMC15 axle, 2.73:1. 205/70-R14 tires on trued, balanced,
powder-coated factory steel wheels with very nice AMC dogdish caps.
Rear axle stock, but gone through; new wheel bearings and seals,
painted, sealed. Backing plates filled and trued. All new steel and
rubber brake lines. Front
suspension rebuilt (but has bad strut bushing, crap aftermarket parts!).

Engine and trans rebuilt 2005. Both stock. Mobil1 in engine since new.
40,000 miles all mine. Trans has deep pan. Engine has a very mild cam
(unknown! I bought the shortblock from Mark Rippe). 18 - 19mpg
highway, 500rpm idle, but pulls like crazy 2800 - 4500 rpm. 2.5"
exhaust.

Body has absolutely zero rust. None. It does not now and never has had
any dents (beyond door dings.) Has a "10 foot quality" paint job;
looks nice, but low cost, some small flaws.

Custom clean interior, original-style but white and very light grey.
Substantially heat and sound-proofed. Was wired from scratch by me,
fully documented. (I got the car as a rolling chassis w/wiring pulled
out).

Every single bolt was removed, cleaned, painted, by me. No crap work
here on this car.

Has the following flaws that I will never get around to fixing: radial
fractures around door striker from previously-
bad door hinges. Typical cracking in Hornet door window opening
leading edge. Starter, though new, sounds bad, but works fine.
Uninvestigated. Power steering pump seeps (though rebuilt! I have
another replacement). Windshield leaks water pass. edge (easily
sealed). Probably more small flaws that escape me.

Will drive anywhere, in perfect mechanical order, drive to NYC and
back. Not even change the oil; has Mobil 1 Extended Mileage 15w-50 and
Wix filter. I have a record of every gas tank fill up since rebuilt.
Current title, registration, insured and on the road.

Comes with spares too (glass, dash plastic and trim, etc).

In Los Angeles. Absurdly documented at
http://wps.com/AMC/1970-AMC-Hornet/index.html

Will take current pictures later.

--