Re: [Amc-list] Stroker 304 build thread updated with today's events, inc

Re: [Amc-list] Stroker 304 build thread updated with today's events, including VIDEO

Hi Armand,
Thanks for the compliments on the stroker build.

The Scorpion roller rockers are made in Ft. Lauderdale and are a really, nice product.  The ones I am running are specifically the AMC roller rocker design, with the 5/16" bridged rocker setup from a Ford (basically Ford pedestal and guts inside of an AMC roller rocker).  I bought the Ford V8 stock pedestal U-channels on Ebay for about $25 and also picked up a set of pedestal shims for about another $25 ... ended up NOT needing the shims, since the stock-length AMC pushrods were too short.  We ended up buying 8.200" long SBC pushrods on Ebay for $55.  All-in-all, it was a fairly economical way to get roller rockers on to a set of Bridged Rocker heads WITHOUT machining for screw-in studs or guide plates.

As for the dipstick tube removal question ... I have no clue!  Rick took care of all of that.  My guess would be that he punches it out from the bottom side, where he can get something up against the lip and then tap, tap, tap it out.

I called up the Fish carb guy this evening and asked about the floats.  At one time they were testing the carbs for air leaks by pressurizing them with "air" ... the floats got crushed by that.  He's sending me some more floats and a dozen bowl gaskets .... very nice guy to work with ... wish I had the 75-grand to buy the Fish Carb company (its up for sale).

Sincerely,
Greg Taylor :) <><
Rochester Hills, MI
1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer "TRMN8R2"