Re: [Amc-list] Trunnions and upper arms

OK this is one thing I know :-)

It's easy. Take the spacer out first, then you can un-thread the trunnions
from the nuts and the nuts from the stamped arms, in any order.

If you do this with the spacer tight you'll strip or jam the arm threads.

Reassembly and photos here....
http://wps.com/AMC/Front-suspension/index.html

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Wayne E LaMothe <superglider@xxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I am cleaning up and painting the front suspension pieces before I
> reassemble the 69 Ambo.  Is there a trick or something I should be aware
> off before I pull the upper control arms off?  The FSM does not have
> anything in it about trunnion removal so I am not sure what to expect
> when I back off those nuts.  What sage advice is there from the list?
>
> Thanks
> Wayne
> Wayne & Lisa (Skeezix), Bolton Landing, NY,
> http://www.superglider.thinkhost.com/
> AMO#8454 <http://www.superglider.thinkhost.com/%0AAMO#8454>,  82 SX/4, 258
> auto
> 69 Ambo coupe, 401, M12, 66 Ambo 990 Wagon, 327,PW,PB,PS,posi,AM/FM,AC
> 2003 FLHTCI, 2000 WJ Limited
> 2001 Cherokee, 2002 STS Northstar

All your arguments are invalid.
Enjoy your unstable system.