---------
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 00:00:56 -0800 (PST)
From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>

i am still trying to determin if i can fit a 304-401 into my 63 american without doing a lot of metal work on the fenders and firewall. can anyone give me the external dimentions of a v8 with exhaust manifolds and everything on it? width left to right, height oil pan to carb. i know, intake will differ in height a little, stock intake manifold would be best to go by. and also front to bak. bellhousing face to the front of the water pump/accessories. only accessory going on this car would be an alternator. i have 2 360's located, and i may be able to get ahold of a 401. if it could fit, i need to know so i can get what ever im gonna use.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"