From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] AMC Ultra Bell questions for GM tranny
	applications
To: mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx
" From: Greg Taylor
"
" Hey guys,
" In light of the discussion over at IFSJA.org about the
" possibility of getting the AMC Ultra bell manufactured for mating
" a Dodge 518 (47RH) OD tranny up to an AMC, I began looking at the
" currently available Ultra Bells for AMCs.  There is one available
" for the Powerglide and one available for the TH400/TH350.  These
" are reasonably priced at $280 from JW.
"
" What I am wondering is if the TH400/TH350 bell could be used on a
" 700R4 or 4L60/4L80 tranny also?  IF it could, then it would be
" cheaper to adapt those, than to use the Adv.  Adapter or Novak
" adapter for GM tranny to AMC engine.

it should work for the 4L80, which is th400-based; dunno about the
700r4.  also, advance adapters has a block ring with amc and gm
patterns on it, intended to allow gm th400s to replace amc ones - but
you can use it for any gm tranny; i've heard of at least one gm bell
and stick done this way, and there's a fellow on the strokers list
with a 4.0 stroker in a pacer backed with a 700r4 and this ring.

" My only thought, is that JW doesn't list a flexplate for the
" AMCs, to use with their Ultra Bell - would we just use the Jeep
" TH400 flexplate and call it a day?

that's the way i'd make it if i were them.  the aa ring needs a
thicker flexplate b/c it unavoidably adds some length to the stack.