[Amc-list] AMC Ultra Bell questions for GM tranny applications

[Amc-list] AMC Ultra Bell questions for GM tranny applications

Hey guys,
In light of the discussion over at IFSJA.org about the possibility of getting the AMC Ultra bell manufactured for mating a Dodge 518 (47RH) OD tranny up to an AMC, I began looking at the currently available Ultra Bells for AMCs.  There is one available for the Powerglide  and one available for the TH400/TH350.  These are reasonably priced at $280 from JW.

What I am wondering is if the TH400/TH350 bell could be used on a 700R4 or 4L60/4L80 tranny also?  IF it could, then it would be cheaper to adapt those, than to use the Adv. Adapter or Novak adapter for GM tranny to AMC engine.

My only thought, is that JW doesn’t list a flexplate for the AMCs, to use with their Ultra Bell … would we just use the Jeep TH400 flexplate and call it a day?  Anyone out there running an AMC Ultra Bell that can chime in here?  Thanks.

Sincerely,
Greg Taylor :) <><
Rochester Hills, MI
1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer "TRMN8R2"

And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. - 1 John 5:11-12