[Amc-list] OT: Booby traps and respect for other's property

[Amc-list] OT: Booby traps and respect for other's property

My "fix" for the use of force is to keep one of my older guns in the shop. Doesn't help if I don't catch them, but if I catch a thief walking off with my stuff I'll call the sheriff and tell him to bring a body bag. I'll be within my rights because he'll have a gun beside him. Might not have found it in the shop, but it'll be there when the sheriff comes. SHERIFF: "But Mr. Swygert, he has a hole in the BACK of his head." ME: "I told him to stop, and he acted like he was going to swing the rifle around. Would you have let him get turned around to shoot first? It's loaded, and I know it, he stole it from the shop, I keep it there for stray dogs and coyotes -- they get after my brother's horse and cows sometime. I was in fear for my life if he turned around..." Some of this may or may not have been true before the robber got shot. I prefer honest, but there are times you just have to swallow your integrity and do what you have to. My god, that last one is an awful (but truthful)
  statement to make! That's where we seem to be though.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"