From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] what color should I paint my car
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 7:09 PM

The 343 will go in a 65-66 Marlin with just a little work. If it has an auto
trans behind it all you'd have to do is pull the trans from the bell on both
(assuming the Marlin is a V-8 w/auto) and fab some engine mounts. The trans to
bell pattern is the same on both -- remember that all the early Borg Warner
autos have separate bells. That was to allow many makes to use the same main
trans case. Of course it would fit in the American also, with less work to boot!

-----------
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:15:14 -0800 (PST)
From: Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

?This is my first adventure into a Rambler. Who know's mabe the wife will
like riding in it? She actually hated all amc's till she was a Marlin at the
Sturbridge show last year. I am fishing for a 67 cause I have a nice 343 sittin
here. If the right deal comes along I will build her one.
?but the 67 is cool and I have a friend that has a 66 Nova SS with a 383. It
would be cool to build a cooler 67 American and smoke him!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"