From: wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] what color should I paint my car
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 9:31 AM

I agree totally on the color, until you read to the end of his emai!

He plans to SELL it later on...

In that instance I stop and mingle my thoughts with what will sell and
compromise to a color I like and will draw the most yay votes!

That copper he picked could be awesome or boring sprayed.

I love copper and have thought about using it on the convertible and naming it
rusty!

However sometimes those colors don't spray the same on the panels.  I would
run a test spray on different bases to be sure of what translucency is like in
the base. He may want it over red, Black, white or silver depending on the
hiding abaility of that color!

GM had a brown slightly darker than that copper in the 70's the had realy
poor hiding ability! 4 coats of it in acrylic enamel and you could still see the
primer thru it!  Outdoors it looked great, but a flash or drop light held close
and walla! There was the base for all to see!

I was way lucky as my uncle did a lot of body and spray work stopped by before
I got to the spray stage. I had planned on just spot priming and painting it. He
warned me to do a full sealer coat or I would never hide the repairs!  He was
right!

I'm pretty sure Davis won't have that issue, but he may want to see if
anyone has an experience with spraying that particular color if he is looking
for a certain hue or tone to the final product!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: krausseakrauss@xxxxxxx
> I like that? color, I think it looks like the color of the big Dodge
pickup.. I
> also have seen a 69 American on line for sale that color.. If you guys
ever get
> a chance look at some of the amc's on VAST .com its a search engine
for
> classified ads.. Also I'm building? a 69 American and I was thinking
of the
> light green that's on the Honda element or the new Mustang green..
Good luck