Re: [Amc-list] Spring Compressor

Davis Martin wrote:
> I understand the tool for removing the spring but how do you get a new spring in the tool to install?

I have a similar tool and the threaded rod is long enough hat you simply
take the nut off, the spring decompresses and you take it off the bottom
of the car. The upper arm has to be removed but usually that's why you
are taking the spring out anyways.

On this page you can see the new spring getting hung on the bottom of
one of these "AMC type" through the tower compressors.

RIGHT AFTER the drum brake pictures are the suspension reassembly photos:

http://wps.com/AMC/1970-AMC-Hornet/Jan-Apr2004.html

here's one of the images

http://wps.com/AMC/1970-AMC-Hornet/images/install-spring1.jpg