Re: [Amc-list] Spring compressor

> From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx

> > I changed out the springs in my American with its engine out.
> > Garrys tool is longer than factory and safer. The springs do not get compressed
> > quite as much and are less likely to fly out.

I've had one of Gary's spring compressor tools (well, a pair) for a few years.  Never actually used it, but there's a local alignment shop down here I use.  He makes his money on new cars & trucks, but loves the old stuff.  I showed them to him so he could use when he rebuilt the frontend on the '69 Rambler.  Sometime after that, he called me up and wanted to borrow them so he could use on another AMC - a SC if I'm not mistaken.

I take that as a testament for how well they work.  This alignment shop has a great local reputation, the owner is always there (lives in a house in the back) and works in the shop - no chain store!

Jim Boone
Mims, FL