Re: [Amc-list] Does Edelbrock..etc make 290 intake?

Re: [Amc-list] Does Edelbrock..etc make 290 intake?

 > Nick,
 > While we're on the topic of intake manifolds, I have a question
about the intake on my AMX.
 > When I bought the car, I was a member of the dealership sponsored
car club for AMC's.
 > My car came with a 360 and I was wanting to perk it up and the
dealership came up with a
 > set of "Machine" heads, cam, and intake manifold. Now I know the
heads have the big valves
 > and the cam was a little more racy but I've always wondered about
the intake.
 > The one I have, has a part number ending in 762C and seems to flow
well but I thought the
 > weight saving of an aluminum aftermarket would be worth looking
into. I did see one article,
 > can't remember where, and they claimed some pretty high flow
numbers for the 291 heads
 > and this manifold.
 > Don

Well, I'm not Nick but....
First off, the Machine used the standard '70 360/390 heads, nothing
specific about them...
The casting number would be 319 6291.  These are about the best that
AMC made, big valves,
high compression, dog leg exhaust.

The Machine did use a unique intake manifold, the casting number was
319 9762
It sounds like you have that intake.

So it looks to me like you have the best "stock" setup.  The usual
porting and polishing
tricks can help achieve even better flow, but you've got a pretty good
setup as is.  Of course
time marches on, and the aluminum air gap manifold is a great example.

Cheers,  Dave