Re: [Amc-list] Spirit Fixed - Finally

Todd,

Just a word of advice.  Stay close to home for awhile until you're sure you have the problem solved.  I had a problem with my 77 Gremlin recently.  The electric choke would cool off and start closing and the car would start running rough and die.  When I removed the air cleaner lid after it stalled and finally got it to run again the choke was opening normally.  The car kept stalling so I parked it for about a month.  I didn't trust it to drive 28 miles to work.  I finally fixed it this weekend.  There was a bad electrical connection on both ends of the choke wire.  The choke end had several strands of broken wire and the bullet connector on the upstream side was loose in the female connector.  The choke wire looked OK but upon checking closely I found that the electrical connection was not being made.  Gonna start driving it to work again this week.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA