Re: [Amc-list] V-8 To 6 swap.

Had a buddy do the 390 into a '68 Mercury Montego that way. Exhaust manifolds held it in place.

From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] V-8 To 6 swap.
To: amxron@xxxxxxxxxxx, "AMC/Rambler owners,	drivers and fans."

I'd do it the easy way.
Take the 258 and aim it in there.
See if you can get the mounts close enough to put a bolt in and chain it down...

Been there, seen that done!
With a 460 in an F250 no less!
Guy took a generic right mount that was two bolt holes a rubber and a stud.
He got one bolt in the 460 drilled the crossmember pad for the stud. That was on the passenger side.
 On the drivers side he CUT THE STUD OFF! One bolt up into the block, sat the rubber biscuit down on the crossmember pad.
Chained it down!!!

He drove tha truck that way for at least 2-3 years!
Were talking a 76 F250 highboy that he beat the living crap out of too!
Not babied at all.

For trip home, I'm sure you can pull of something similar, if not better.

--
Mark Price