Re: [Amc-list] Leon's prices - not as cheap as they were, not gouging, e

Re: [Amc-list] Leon's prices - not as cheap as they were, not gouging, either...

That's exactly how I felt about it when I was told too.
I know the story teller and he has never seemed to be disshonest or cheap at all!
In fact he has several time talked freely of willingly overspending to get what he wanted.
So felt it was an honest story.
I tried to be careful to now flame Leons in my first reply as I don't have first hand info.
I did want to impress that he should be prepared to pay a fair to high price for items as I do not believe the parts will come cheap.

   The worst part of this story is that afyer getting these fenders back here to town a body shop proceeded to sand blast and warp the crap out of them...  I have no idea as to if they were saved by another bodyshop later on or rendered useless!!!

   I will also admit that I have had an interest in visiting Leons to experinece the place. The story as relayed to me has left me no longer wishing to bother unless it proves to be 100% needed.
   I felt they should have honored the quote. I believe he specifically asked for the price of fenders for his 69 American and when he had them removed and ready to buy they jacked the proce up. I also believe the quote was given within a week or two of the time the trip and purchase were made.

  Oh, yeah, almost forgot. another thing that stuck was when I talked ot the guy he was asking me where else he may find another set as he had no intention of going back to Leons for parts! He was at that time not sure the blasted fenders could be saved.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>